Ask me anything
The Airborne Toxic Event, “Wishing Well”
Rose: Come on Doctor, lets go to the beach!
Doctor: Just let me put some suitable footwear on.
Justice Break. ~
Seriously, Rugrats was not fucking around.
People don’t give Rugrats enough credit for how progressive it was. I mean think about it.
- Chuckie, for most of the series is raised by a single father
- Angelica’s mother was a high ranking corporate executive
- Phil and Lil’s mom was a feminist
- She also breastfed them (which the show actually depicted)
- Tommy is half-Jewish and the show actually explored this part of his heritage
Seriously, this show was fucking amazing!! They just don’t make ‘em like this anymore….
Also don’t forget that Chuckie had an interracial family after the second movie.
How are you guys forgetting Susie? I mean her mom was a doctor and her dad was a writer for a famous Children’s TV show. Not to mention Kimmie was anything BUT submissive.
Remember when they had episodes that hit hard to issues kids might be dealing with? Chuckie only had his Dad on Mothers Day, Tommy had to deal with being outshadowed by a new baby brother, Phil and Lil were constantly being mixed up and then they had a couple episodes where they each found that even as a twin they were their own people.
Man Rugrats was the shit.
Robin the bank
First time through a car wash
I’ve never understood the stereotype that women are more likely to faint at blood
I mean seriously
what do you think we do every month
THEY WEREN’T SUPPOSED TO KNOW ABOUT THE WEREWOLF THING
AWH COME ON GUYS THAT WAS A SECRET FOR A REASON
I guess we have to come clean about the cult sacrafices too huh
Well now we do
This is so accurate. At school, we literally have children who will watch our facial expressions to see if them falling is as bad as they think it might be.
CORRECT CHILD INJURY PROCEDURE:
- do not react. at the most, maybe wince and go “ooooh”
- go over to the child to assess panic level and severity of injury
- if they’re like, dying, remain calm, but they’re probably not.
- look them in the eye and ask, “you okay?” they will nod. possibly all teary-eyed. then ask, “are we gonna need to cut it off?”
- the child is thrown off. if they giggle, you’re in the money. if they do not, put a bandaid on and do some sympathetic patting. they are probably a little teary. let the sad little bug sit out for a minute. they will quickly get bored.
- works every time
"sad little bug" is the cutest and most accurate term ive heard used to describe a child because sometimes bugs are kinda super cute sometimes bugs are really fucking annoying and sometimes bugs are downright TERRIFYING